STRIKE IMMINENT: Trump Threatens WW3 Over Unverified Chemical Weapons Attacks In Regions Controlled By Terrorists
see full post here;
News Updates from CLG
11 April 2018
11 April 2018
Previous edition: Breaking: Russian MoD: Two Israeli Warplanes Attacked Syrian Airbase
Eurocontrol warns airlines of possible missile strikes into Syria –Air-to-ground and/or cruise missile threat-agency — Exercise caution over eastern Mediterranean in next 72 hrs –Regulators told airlines to avoid Syrian airspace | 11 April 2018 | Pan-European air traffic control agency Eurocontrol on Tuesday warned airlines to exercise caution in the eastern Mediterranean due to the possible launch of air strikes into Syria in next 72 hours. Eurocontrol said that air-to-ground and/or cruise missiles could be used within that period and there was a possibility of intermittent disruption of radio navigation equipment. U.S. President Donald Trump and Western allies are discussing possible military action [against Syria].
US Navy destroyer is now off Syrian coast with 60 Tomahawk missiles | 10 April 2018 | A U.S. Navy destroyer, the USS Donald Cook, is now situated off the coast of Syria with 60 Tomahawk cruise missiles on board, CNN Turk has reported. The news comes just one day after Defense Secretary Jim Mattis said he won’t “rule out anything right now” when it comes to launching airstrikes against Syrian President Bashar al-Assad in response to the suspected chemical weapons attacks on civilians over the weekend. A Navy source confirmed to the Washington Examiner that the guided-missile destroyer completed a port call in Cyprus and “got underway in the eastern Mediterranean within range of Syria Monday.” The Pentagon said the move was planned in advance.
US to Deploy Harry Truman Strike Group to Middle East Amid Syria Tensions | 10 April 2018 | The move comes on the heels of an alleged chemical weapons attack in Syria, which Moscow and Damascus have described as a provocation, while US President Donald Trump said would “be met forcefully.” The US Navy announced that the USS Harry S. Truman Carrier Strike Group, currently stationed in Norfolk, Virginia, will head for a new deployment in the Middle East. The carrier, along with the guided-missile cruiser USS Normandy and destroyers USS Arleigh Burke, USS Bulkeley, USS Forrest Sherman and USS Farragut, will head out for its new designation on April 11. According to the US Navy, two more destroyers, the USS Jason Dunham and USS The Sullivans, will join the strike group later. It was also reported that the German frigate FGS Hessen will accompany the group during the first half of the deployment.
U.S. Presses Allies to Back a Military Strike on Syria –President Trump and aides confer with international counterparts as American and French guided-missile destroyers move within firing range of Syria | 10 April 2018 | The Trump administration worked Tuesday to rally international support for a possible military strike against Syrian President Bashar al-Assad for an alleged chemical-weapons attack, drawing initial backing from France, the U.K. and Saudi Arabia [Saudi Arabia aka the actual terrorists], all of whom vowed a forceful response. As President Donald Trump and top administration officials conferred with international counterparts, the U.S. and France positioned guided-missile destroyers within firing range of Syria. The expanding support for a unified response suggested that the U.S. and other nations could carry out a series of strikes more extensive than last year’s [illegal] U.S. attack on a Syrian airfield.
Duma defense chief says Russia may respond with military force to US strike on Syria | 10 April 2018 | The head of the Duma defense committee and former commander of Russian airborne troops has said Moscow would take all measures, including military ones, in response to a possible US strike on government forces in Syria. “The double standard policy has overstepped all possible boundaries. At this point, the [pro-Putin parliamentary majority] United Russia party must responsibly state that we are going to take all political and diplomatic measures, and also military measures if such need arises,” Vladimir Shamanov said on Tuesday before the State Duma plenary session. “Not a single unlawful action will be left without response,” he added.
No trace of chemical weapons at alleged attack site in Douma – Russian military | 09 April 2018 | The Russian military has found no trace of chemical weapons use after searching parts of Syria’s Douma allegedly targeted by an “attack.” Photos of victims posted by the White Helmets are fake, Russia’s Defense Ministry said. Experts in radiological, chemical and biological warfare, as well as medics, on Monday inspected the parts of the Eastern Ghouta city of Douma, where an alleged chemical attack supposedly took place on Saturday, the Russian Reconciliation Center for Syria said in a statement. The specialists “found no traces of the use of chemical agents” after searching the sites, the statement said. The center’s medical specialists also visited a local hospital but found no patients that showed signs of chemical weapons poisoning.
White Helmets ‘Treat’ Alleged Chemical Attack Victims Without Protective Gear | 09 April 2018 | The White Helmets, which claim to be an impartial NGO [but in actuality, a Deep State-backed terrorist group], saving civilians in war-torn Syria, have repeatedly been busted using false videos of their daily rescue operations. The Syrian Civil Defense, also known as the White Helmets, has published several clips and pictures, showing the alleged aftermath of the chemical attack in the city of Douma in Eastern Ghouta. The volunteers have reported a widespread suffocation in the area, which led to 42 deaths; the footage, posted on Twitter, shows the alleged victims, including babies in diapers, breathing through oxygen masks. However, the rescuers appeared to be so focused on accusing President Bashar al-Assad of dropping a chemical bomb on Douma that they forgot to put on gas masks or protective suits themselves.
Assad had no reason to launch chemical attack, unlike those who want US involvement – Ron Paul | 10 April 2018 | Washington and the US media seem to have no doubts about the Syrian government’s complicity in the Douma incident despite the fact that those who want America to stay in Syria have far more solid motives, Ron Paul told RT. The assertion by White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders that Washington is “confident” that Syrian President Bashar Assad is culpable for the alleged chemical attack on the Damascus suburb of Douma does not stand up to scrutiny, Ron Paul, former congressman and founder of the Ron Paul Institute for Peace and Prosperity, told RT. “I don’t know what they are confident about. They are confident in telling lies and hope people will believe it,” he said.
Tucker Carlson slams US foreign policy in no-holds-barred monologue on Syria | 10 April 2018 | As US leaders and mainstream media push for the nation to go to war in Syria, Fox News host Tucker Carlson has slammed so-called “geniuses” who claim to know the truth behind the alleged chemical attack. Speaking on his television show on Monday, Carlson spoke of the alleged attack in the Damascus suburb of Douma. However, he noted that while “genius” politicians, media, intelligence services, and think tanks seem to blame Syrian President Bashar Assad for the attack, they don’t actually know what happened on the ground. “All the geniuses tell us that Assad killed those children, but do they really know that? Of course they don’t really know that. They’re making it up. They have no real idea what happened,” Carlson said. “Actually both sides in the Syrian civil war possess chemical weapons,” he said, noting that it wouldn’t have benefited Assad to use chlorine gas, since his forces have been winning the war in Syria. He also discussed last year’s sarin gas attack which the majority of US leaders also blamed on Assad. “But of course they were lying,” he said, noting that US Defense Secretary Jim Mattis admitted two months ago that there is still no proof that Assad used sarin last year. Carlson called the story “propaganda.”
Confirmed: US retrains ISIS and ISIS-like jihadists in east Syria and re-brands them ‘democratic forces’ | 13 Feb 2018 | Clear-cut evidence has emerged that the United States is retraining jihadist militants — most of them surrendered ISIS members as well as fighters of other militant groups with an ideology similar to that of ISIS — in east Syria and re-branding them as ‘democratic forces.’ After many, many months of complaints by Russian military and diplomatic authorities that US advisor forces in Syria’s east were retraining ISIS and ISIS-like militants, a video released by the Deir Ezzor-based opposition media outlet Euphrates Post has confirmed it. The video is the centerpiece in a puzzle of otherwise vague information that has been leaked about US intelligence activities in east Syria over the last year.
Pentagon strips Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria troop numbers from web | 09 April 2018 | After months of review, the Pentagon has released a quarterly report of the number of troops serving overseas — minus any data it previously reported about the number of service members deployed in combat. The Defense Manpower Data Center for years has reported quarterly the number of active duty, National Guard and Reserve forces assigned to each state and stationed at each country overseas. The Pentagon typically reports each quarter’s data three months after the quarter ends. The December report, however, just had blank spaces where Iraq, Syria and Afghanistan figures used to be.
White House: Trump believes he has power to fire Mueller | 10 April 2018 | President Trump believes he has the power to fire Robert Mueller as special counsel leading the Russia probe, the White House said Tuesday. “He certainly believes that he has the power to do so,” White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said, adding that Trump is not acting now to fire him. Sanders said Trump believes Mueller has “gone too far” after FBI agents executed a raid on the office of Trump’s personal attorney in part based on a referral from the special counsel’s office. “We’ve been advised that the president certainly has the power to make that decision,” the spokeswoman said. Sanders’s statement marks a shift in tone for the White House, which has said repeatedly for months that Trump has not discussed firing Mueller.
Trump blasts FBI raids on his lawyer as ‘a disgraceful situation’ | 09 April 2018 | President Donald Trump reacted angrily Monday after the FBI seized records from his longtime personal attorney, calling the law enforcement actions “disgraceful” and part of “an attack on our country.” An attorney for Trump lawyer Michael Cohen said earlier Monday that federal investigators had executed a series of search warrants and seized records. Cohen’s lawyer, Stephen Ryan, said the actions were taken following a “referral” from special counsel Robert Mueller. “I just heard that they broke into the office of one of my personal attorneys, a good man,” Trump told reporters at the White House. “It’s a disgraceful situation. …I’ve been saying it for a long time. I have this witch hunt constantly going on.” “It’s an attack on our country,” Trump said.
F.B.I. Raids Office of Trump’s Longtime Lawyer Michael Cohen, Seizing Privileged Communications | 09 April 2018 | The F.B.I. on Monday raided the office of President Trump’s longtime personal lawyer, Michael D. Cohen, seizing records related to several topics… Federal prosecutors in Manhattan obtained the search warrant after receiving a referral from the special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III, according to Mr. Cohen’s lawyer, who called the search “completely inappropriate and unnecessary.” The search does not appear to be directly related to Mr. Mueller’s investigation, but likely resulted from information he had uncovered and gave to prosecutors in New York. “Today the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of New York executed a series of search warrants and seized the privileged communications between my client, Michael Cohen, and his clients,” said Stephen Ryan, his lawyer. “I have been advised by federal prosecutors that the New York action is, in part, a referral by the Office of Special Counsel, Robert Mueller.”
If CIA relocates Skripals in the US ‘we may not see them again’ – Russia’s UN envoy | 10 April 2018 | Media reports that the US is ready to shelter the Skripals under new identities point to the CIA’s role in the poisoning saga and mean they may now vanish for good, without providing key evidence, the Russian envoy to the UN said. Vassily Nebenzia, Russia’s UN envoy, was commenting on the report by The Sunday Times that intelligence officials at MI6 have been discussing, with their American colleagues at the CIA, a potential resettlement of former Russian-UK double agent Sergei Skripal and his daughter Yulia, who are now recovering from a poison attack that British authorities have blamed on Russia. The relocation scheme would include, according to a senior Whitehall source cited by The Times, both father and daughter being provided with new identities.
Former aide to Gov. Rick Scott killed in boating accident | 09 April 2018 | Jereima “Jeri” Bustamante, former Press Secretary for Florida Governor Rick Scott, has died in a boating accident, the Governor’s office confirmed Monday. She was 33 years old. The Governor’s office says Bustamante had also served as Press Secretary for Lt. Governor Carlos Lopez-Cantera during the reelection campaign and assisted with Hispanic media outreach.
CLG needs your support.
Or, please mail a check or m*ney order to CLG:
Citizens for Legitimate Government (CLG)
P.O. Box 1142
Bristol, CT 06011-1142
Contributions to CLG are not tax deductible.
Citizens for Legitimate Government (CLG)
P.O. Box 1142
Bristol, CT 06011-1142
Contributions to CLG are not tax deductible.
Forward this newsletter to your lists and friends!
Click here to get the CLG News
CLG News Editor-in-Chief: Lori Price. Copyright © 2018, Citizens for Legitimate Government ® All rights reserved.